Last Updated on 2 weeks by Touhid
Computers are very essential part of our daily lives and it plays an important roles in our daily lives. So, the security of a computer is very essential because it protects our information and helps to prevent from viruses and malware. In this post, we will discuss on why is computer security important of our lives.
Computer security is also known as cyber security or IT security which mainly used for protection of computer system such as hardware and software. The main purpose of computer security is preventing and detecting unauthorized access of computer system.
Why is Computer Security Important?
Computer security is important because it guarantees to safe processing and storage of business data, healthcare and sensitive information. Cyber security provides the confidentiality, integrity and availability for all components of a computer system. Here are reasons why is computer security important:
- To Protect Personal Information
- To Protect Organization properties
- To Prevent from Data theft
- To Prevent Viruses and Malware
1. To Protect Personal Information
To prevent from cyber security risk you have to protect your personal information. IT security is the first prime issue to protect your personal and others information. You can keep your information secure using the following tips:
- Use an Antivirus Software
- Update your Computer operating system
- Use strong and smart password
- Backup your sensitive Data
- Lock your computer for safety
- Avoid Phishing Emails
2. To Protect Organization Properties
It is very important to ensure the organization’s data because every organization has many sensitive assets and information. So, without computer or IT security you can’t guarantee the security of organization properties.
3. To Prevent from Data theft
Data theft is act of stealing sensitive information such as bank account details, credit card information, passwords, and documents which stored on computers, servers, or other devices. The most common reasons of data breaches are as follows:
- Weak and stolen credentials
- Malicious insiders
- Application vulnerabilities and
- Human Error
So, prevent from data theft you have to ensure that your device is secured by endpoint security, lock down your system, identify critical data and use authentication.
4. To Prevent Viruses and Malware
Computer security is also important to protect from computer viruses and malware. A computer virus or malware can corrupt or delete your sensitive data, damage your hard disk and it spreads from one computer to another using email program and others. So, you have to protect your computer from viruses and malware using following these tips:
- Keep your software up to date
- Use free antivirus software
- Use a strong password
- Don’t click suspicious links within emails
- Back up your computer data
- Browse only trusted and secured websites